Vision's storage facilities throughout the UK are all located within close proximity the UK’s ports, airports and network of motorways, allowing for quick and easy collection and drop off to any of our sites.
We can store up to 1000 pallets at any one time and have the ability to be able to store goods at any temperature required. We ensure that your goods stored are maintained at the correct temperature, chilled or frozen throughout the duration of the time that they are stored.
Once your products are stored with us, we take complete care in not only ensuring they are stored in the correct conditions and at the correct temperature, we carefully monitor your stock levels and make sure that stock is rotated according to your requirements.
We provide fully tailored order fulfilment support. A dedicated team who will manage your account from orders in and pick pack to inventory and shipping. We offer you complete peace of mind and ultimate flexibility so you can focus on growing your business in the full knowledge that your promises will be delivered.
Many of our marketing customers use our collation services to collate goodie bags, sometimes known as swag bags or giveaways. Each project is individually managed, whether it is a run of a few hundred or many hundreds of thousands, you will be assisted at every step of the process, from the concept, through to the perfect pack, regular progress reports throughout.
We’ve been tried and tested by many well known brands, including Alpro, Kerry Gold and Samsung.
Help with storage solutions
We have put together a brief guide for companies that have limited experience of a managed warehouse service.
Vision Logistics offer temperature controlled and ambient warehousing services. Our warehouse footprint extends across the UK covering all major towns and cities and we can offer chilled, frozen or ambient storage at a location convenient for your business. Our warehouses comprise of Vision owned facilities and approved partner facilities and wherever your goods are stored you will have one single point of contact to assist you with your day to day requirements.
Vision are able to put forward a range of warehousing solutions from storage of a single pallet to management of a large contract involving hundreds or thousands of pallets, we can put a bespoke solution forward which meets the needs of your business.
For those not familiar with warehousing charges we’ve please see the following charge areas which may be applicable. Indicative pricing will be provided by your Vison contact and this will be based on your specific requirements.
- Storage – a charge per pallet per week or part thereof for storage of your goods
- Receipt Handling & Despatch (RH&D) – a handling charge for every pallet entering the warehouse and a charge for every pallet going out of the warehouse
- Pick Costs – if your stock leaves the warehouse in less than full pallet quantities you will not be charged RH&D on the despatch, instead you will be charged a pick rate for every box picked from your pallets
- Container de-stuff – a charge for unloading a container and securing the product on to pallets so it can be stored safely in the warehouse
- Pallets – a charge for every pallet needed to hold your stock
- Consumables – a charge for shrinkwrap, labels or other consumables needed to secure your stock and ensure each pallet is identifiable
- Stock Check – the cost of a stock check is normally charged at a labour per hour rate, operative numbers will be agreed between both parties on a task basis
- Out of Hours – should there be a requirement to work outside of normal hours there might be an additional labour charge to cover the manpower needed for the activity
General Operational Guidance
- Customers can view their products, please speak to your Vision contact to arrange this and please give at least 24 hours notice
- To meet our insurance and health and safety requirements customers are not allowed to pick their own stock or otherwise work in the warehouse
- Please give at least 24hrs notice for any activity requirements such as booking in stock arriving at the warehouse or a booking for stock to be removed from the warehouse. On receipt of the notice we will check our warehouse schedule and book an available slot for this activity. Please note at certain times the warehouse will be operating at peak activity so in order to secure a specific time for a booking please give as much notice as possible
In order for us to give you indictive pricing, we will typically ask the following questions.
- Do you require chilled, frozen or ambient storage?
- What area of the country would you prefer your stock to be held?
- Do you require transport as well as storage services?
- Is your stock coming in on pallets?
- If it is not coming in on pallets please tell us if it is coming in on a 20ft or 40ft container or by other means
- How many pallets are you looking to store?
- How long do you require storage for?
- How many pallets per month are you expecting to arrive at the warehouse?
- Are the pallets standard (1.2m x 1m) or euro pallets (1.2m x 0.8m)
- What is the max weight of one of your pallets?
- What is the max height of your pallets?
- Will your products be leaving the warehouse as full pallets or do you require box picking?
- How many different product lines do you have?
- Do you require any formal stock checks?
- All prices are based on Vision Logistics Terms and Conditions which will be submitted with our official quotation
- Payment terms are 21 days from date of invoice
- If an account cannot be opened Vision will require on-going payments to cover 4 weeks worth of activity in advance
If there is anything we haven't explained in the guide please ask us and we'll do everything we can to answer your questions and provide a solution.